The Estonian Chemical Industry Association (ECIA), founded on the 16-th of September 1991, is a non-profit organization, representing Estonian chemical industry. The organization was founded with the aim to address the needs and solve the problems of the chemical companies. At present the Estonian Chemical Industry Association has more than 50 members whose main fields of business are:
- Manufacture and sale of chemical substances (raw materials) (benzoic acid, rare earths, fertilizers)
- Manufacture and sale of shale oil and related chemicals
- Production and sale of cosmetics and natural cosmetics
- Production and sale of washing and cleaning chemicals
- Production and sale of automotive and domestic chemicals
- Production and sale of construction chemistry products (paints, varnishes, glues, etc.)
- Production and sale of polyurethane foams
- Distribution and wholesale of chemical raw materials
- Transport of chemicals
- Scientific research and development in the field of natural sciences
The main objective of the association is: to develop the Estonian chemical industry, increase efficiency, competitiveness and safety.
And the tools are: participation in lawmaking and advocacy activities, conducting training and mediation of the outside world.
The Estonian Chemical Industry Association is a member of CEFIC (European Chemical Industry Council) since 2001.
Since 2003 ECIA is a member of A.I.S.E (International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products) and Cosmetics Europe (The Personal Care Association).